Located in the central region of the state of Veracruz, Farm Cruz Verde is part of Farm “Finca Kassandra” which integrates the production of the "Café de Finca" and Macadamia Nuts, in a complete Agroindustry project that is in harmony with the ecosystem of the cloud forest and its surroundings. We have taken care to ensure that the entire process of planting, harvesting and quality control is friendly to the environment.
Finca Kassandra is located at an altitude between 1200 and 1500 m.s. with an annual rainfall of 2200 mm and average temperature of 22 degrees Celsius (71.6 °F), characteristics that allow us to produce an excellent coffee of strict height.
At Finca Kassandra we cover the stages of Production, Processing, Quality Control and Marketing of coffee and macadamia nut, being the coffee farm with the largest area in the state of Veracruz.
Today Finca Kassandra counts with a total area of 633 hectares where it is produced:
• Coffee plantations with natural shade 160 hectares.
• Only macadamia sown 140 hectares.
• Planting intercalated coffee and macadamia 180 hectares.
• Reserve native forest, rivers and infrastructure 153 hectares.
Nurseries of Coffee plants
• With more than 200,000 plants.
• Selection of the best varieties adapted to the conditions of the farm and tolerant to rust.
Achieving a sustainable coffee is the main ideology and objective of Finca Kassandra. We currently have certifications such as Kosher and Rainforest Alliance, this being the most important and which aims at the following points:
• Care of ecosystems; forests, rivers, flora, fauna.
• Fair treatment and support for workers' health.
• Support to the community.
• Balanced application of agrochemicals.
• Be a profitable project.
• Quality control in processes.
Our quality has been recognized in several competitions among which stand out:
• Cup of Excellence Mexico 2015 and 2017: 2nd place with 90.00 and 90.57 points respectively, 2018 3rd place with 90.20 points, Presidential Awards in the 3 editions.
• Champion Cup Yara Mexico 2017: 2nd place.
• Rainforest Alliance cupping for quality:
• 10th place in 2013 with 85.81 points
• 7th place in 2011 with 85.26 points
From the field we carefully select cherries, which must be fully ripe.
In the transport and selection, quality control parameters are used to guarantee optimum conditions.
Mill of Coffee
• Reception and weight of the cherry
• Pulped dry
• Pre-dried process
• Dry process
• Selection by size, weight and color
Farm NameCruz Verde
FarmerGabriel Bernard Rivas Ross
OverallFull/enveloping mouthfeel, long lasting, creamy
Aroma / FlavorCandied grape, maple syrup, sugary, figs, banana, winey, black currant, stewed fruit, dark brown sugar, grapefruit, nectarine, broiled pineapple, peach
AcidityTartaric, very bright, sparkling, shining acidity